Friday, February 6, 2009

Update

Heywoo

I'm hanging in there. I'm practicing walking beside mom, going potty on command and not getting too personal with the baby. I don't know how she knows, but mom always knows when I'm getting ready to try something and she says "Bear, don't even THINK about it" or "Bear, leave it". She read somewhere that you get better results from a dog if you say their name first, and then the command.

It is hard to remember to not jump on mom and scratch her with my toe claws, and not "go savage" and try to pull mom's arms out at the sockets. I am becoming more leash aware and hopefully mom won't get any more scars on her legs from rope burn.

Dad is helping me too. He takes us out for nice little walks at night. It is a different route than we usually do and there is always lots of new stuff for us to sniff.

I'm off for a nap because learning is exhausting.

Tail wags,

Beary

No comments:

Post a Comment